Greygarth Hall welcomes applications from male students studying for undergraduate or postgraduate degrees at the universities in Manchester, regardless of race, nationality or creed. Applicants resident in Britain are normally offered an opportunity to visit the hall and to have an interview with the Warden. It is assumed that most applicants will be seeking accommodation for the full academic year. However, especially in vacations, a number of places may be available to short-stay residents who should apply in the normal way.
To apply, go to our application form.
The fees at Greygarth Hall for the 2012-2013 academic year are as follows:
- Standard room – £4,658 for 34 weeks
- En-suite room – £5,338 for 34 weeks
- Fees include VAT and may be paid up front or termly in advance.
The fees include:
- Accommodation in an individual study bedroom
- Access to all facilities, including the library, computer room and common rooms
- All meals daily (breakfast, lunch, dinner, supper), except lunch on weekdays
- Bed linen and towel laundry service
- The accommodation period runs for 34 weeks from the start of the winter term and finishes at the end of the summer term. Residents who wish to remain at Greygarth during the summer vacation must apply in writing in May.
Vacation fees are charged in advance on a pro-rata basis. A place is reserved after the payment of a £150 deposit, returnable less any outstanding debit at the end of the academic year. Any resident who wishes to leave before the end of the academic year must hand in four week’s notice in writing.